- Are you a knowledgeable and enthusiastic English teacher looking for your first position after Teacher Training?
- Are you able to teach English up to GCSE Level?
A large secondary school in Darlington is seeking a highly motivated, Newly Qualified, English teacher to join their teaching staff on an initial temporary basis however with the outlook that it will go permanent. Requirements for this position are as follows:
- A proven track record in the delivery of high quality lessons up to KS4.
- A passion for improving student attainment within the subject.
- Able to start full-time in September and committ for the full academic year (potential permanent contract in July 2022)
Key highlights of this position are as follows:
- Setting realistic learning objectives for students.
- Applying relevant behaviour management techniques when necessary.
- Ensuring students are suitably challenged based on individual needs.
- Working closely with those with SEN, and working in partnership with relevant support staff.
- Ensuring students are aware of expectations related to specific exam board.
- Setting tasks that maintain student engagement, both in class and with regards to homework.
- Located on the outskirts of Darlington
- Public transport links close by so easy commute to and from the school if you don't drive
With the ongoing pandemic still causing disruption to learning, the school is seeking ideally a teacher who lives locally.
If you are interested in this post, please submit your up-to-date CV using the links provided.