Teaching Assistant (Behavioural)
Pay: GBP65 per day
Start date: ASAP!
Teaching Personnel are seeking a Teaching Assistant that is experienced in managing challenging behaviour in children. If you are a caring yet authoritative and would describe yourself as energetic, then please read below for more information about the role and how to apply.
Within this role, you will be working with a group of year 6 children that display challenging behaviour and therefore have trouble engaging with the lesson. You will be expected to manage this behaviour alongside the teacher, and make sure they are focused and engaged. Furthermore, whilst your main responsibility in this position is to engage the children in their lessons and manage their behaviour, the role of a Teaching Assistant involves many aspects and flexibility. Other duties involve (but are not limited to):
- Aiding the teacher with classroom set up and clean up.
- Be aware of pupil problems/ progress/ achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
- Can be flexible when required (i.e., work with other year groups if needed)
- Provide clerical/ admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money etc
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
Preferred (but not essential):
- At least 3 months working in a classroom setting
- Challenging behaviour training and can confidently discuss when you have implemented such training
- Experience working with children with very challenging behaviour (does not necessarily have to be within a school environment)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- CACHE level 2/3 (or the equivalent in experience)
You will be employed through Teaching Personnel and not the school directly as this position is currently temporary. There are great benefits to working with Teaching Personnel:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Access to a large CPD academy to refine and gain skills
- Pension scheme
- A dedicated consultant to guide you through the role and provide support
If you feel as though you will be suitable for this role and wish to be part of such a wonderful community, then please apply today by attaching your CV above.