This Product Specialist is responsible for the customer support and logistics of the diesel genset product line from Supplier to Shipment. This role will be an integral part of supplier management and selection in conjunction with in-country resources, coordinating customer orders at the integrator level, and managing all customer collateral including manuals, sell sheets, and drawings.
- Maintenance and development of customer collateral including marketing literature, product manuals, labeling, and drawings.
- Managing supply chain coordination including supplier orders, freight logistics management, and payments.
- Establish & Maintain Bills of Material and other related integration of components into final product.
- Work closely with in-country liaison(s) to develop quality control process(s).
- Work with International sales to develop & maintain competitive cross-reference.
- Maintain database of competitors and competitive pricing by region.
- Maintain price list for all models; including specific customer pricing history.
- Manage schedule and profitability by order.
- Manage inventory quantity and audits as dictated by customer demand.
- Obtain lead time from suppliers, pricing, coordinating custom gensets through engineering / operation/ assembly plants.
- Maintain test reports.
- Develop a “comprehensive solution package” including Synchro Panels, ATS, Fuel Tanks and other related components.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of International Sales.
Job requires minimal travel, including phone communications and using a computer. Also involves standing and walking in an office and a manufacturing facility. Requires ability to drive a motor vehicle and travel by air or rail. Requires a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Environmental / Safety / Time Allocation
- Spends majority of time in office.
- Associates degree in relevant field a plus
- Technical Aptitude or experience with diesel gensets
- Detail oriented
- International logistics(freight)/business experience
- Able to work remotely outside of normal working hours (China communication)
- Exceptional Communication: Verbal, Written and Presentation
- Proficient or better in Microsoft Office products
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Ward Leonard is a global industry-leading manufacturer and service provider of highly engineered motor control solutions for the Military, Oil & Energy, and Heavy Industry customers. For over 120 years, our products and service have harnessed power for mission-critical infrastructure applications in harsh environments. Dedicated to total customer support and satisfaction, we focus on delivering benchmark performance, productivity and durability every day. Our customers count on Ward Leonard to provide solutions to complex and highly technical applications and service.
Role: Product Management Specialist - Diesel Gensets
Apply for this job now.