HASC, a forerunner in special education, seeks dynamic Preschool and School Age Teachers for our Programs in Brooklyn.
Special Education experience is a plus. Appropriate NYS Students with Disabilities certification is required.
We offer our teachers competitive salary and a variety of benefits in addition to a great working environment.
As one of our Special Education Teachers you will be:
- Teaching children in the classroom setting
- Preparing lessons and resources
- Marking and assessing work
- Developing and adapting teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils
- Using special equipment and facilities, such as computers to stimulate interest in learning
- Assessing children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and working with colleagues to identify individual pupils' special needs
- Working with the Educational Supervisor to ensure that the appropriate educational requirements are met
- Liaising with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists and educational psychologists
- Working closely with parents and guardians
- Organizing learning outside the classroom in activities such as community visits, school outings or sporting events
- Administration, including updating and maintaining records of pupils' progress
- Attending statutory annual reviews or other related meetings
- Receiving in-service training
- Behavior management
If you want to be part of this highly dedicated team of professionals, please click the apply button.
HASC began in 1963 to serve the needs of the needs of disabled children. From the start, the program was characterized by professionalism, with a focus on the individual needs of each child. The vision continues to affect the programs that we operate today. What started as a small program in New York City, has now blossomed into 6 locations in the New York region servicing over 1,100 children. Services are provided at the child's home, day care center, nursery and at our center based locations.
We are licensed by the NYS Education Department and by the NYS Department of Health. We are grant recipients from OMRDD, DSS, DYCS, USHUD and USDE which provide program enrichments.
At HASC, children and families are seen and treated as unique and special individuals. The staff are constantly challenged to address the needs of their students by using curricula and techniques unique to the field of special education. Innovation, creativity, and motivation are the hallmarks of a HASC staff member.
Role: Special Education Teacher
Apply for this job now.