National Background Check, Inc. (NBCI) is searching for a business development manager to join their creative and energetic team in Westerville, OH. The Business Development Manager builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. The Business Development Manager must have excellent communication and overall people skills, successful experience with sales and a creative and positive attitude.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Build strong relationships with industry/trade organizations, corporations, businesses and non-profits and other groups that could benefit from our expertise.
2. Maintain and service existing clients as well as identifying new market opportunities to increase revenue.
3. Sell/Promote complete line of NBCI services and products.
4. Prepare and negotiate proposals with prospects and clients.
5. Complete Requests For Proposals.
6. Research state/federal certifications, and complete the paperwork for those processes when approved by the Director. Including but not limited to GSA, SWFT, TSA, etc.
7. Represent NBCI in client business transactions and be responsible for the overall client satisfaction level of larger accounts.
8. Achieve sales goals in targeted areas and/or territories.
9. Provide input and assist with annual business plan, budgeting, and forecasting
10. Attend and work conferences and other industry/trade events representing NBCI.
11. Conduct research on industry trends and on the competition for existing and prospective accounts
12. Manage pipeline reporting of sales activities through complete, timely sales forecasting, weekly/monthly reports, as required, and other administrative duties and reports as assigned
13. Participate in sales skills training and development sessions as required throughout the year.
14. Assist in the development of new services and products that meet our customer needs.
15. Work closely with the Director of Operations on special projects and requests.
16. Travel as needed to complete assignments
17. Other duties as assigned
Received: General with close supervision of specific projects
A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, English or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in outside sales and customer service. Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills also required along with the ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously. Additional requirements include a demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment. This position includes some evening and Saturday hours. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products. Prior experience in background checking industry preferred.
Superior communication skills are required for this position. Must be able to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life. Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements, work in progress, work completion and status of departmental goals. Strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to utilize active listening skills to ascertain areas of need, define problems, and determine possible solutions to meet expressed needs is also required. Must be able to demonstrate leadership, tact, diplomacy, professionalism and a positive demeanor in performance of all duties.
Able to use math to add, subtract, multiply or divide and may work with fractions, decimals, or percentages.
Most work is complex and requires a high level of judgment. Requires the ability to decide on a course or sequence of action and to direct others in that course of action. Must have continuous visual and mental attention while performing responsibilities of the position. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to reasonably envision future needs and plan accordingly. Must be able to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and use good project management and organizational skills.
Valid Ohio Driver’s License
Routine physical demands for office environment. Operates all office equipment such as computer, copier, facsimile machine, printer and telephone. While performing the duties of this job employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Office. Exposed to minimal hazards in the office. Some evening and/or weekend hours required. Local or regional travel may be required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, an updated resume and the names and contact information for three professional references. Hondros Family of Companies offers a comprehensive benefits package; a professional, yet fun working environment; and the opportunity to learn and grow in your career. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. (EEOE)
Part of the Hondros Family of Companies, National Background Check, Inc. is a 100% women-owned business that was founded in 1999. National Background Check, Inc. (NBCI) is one of the longest-standing fingerprint service organizations for civilian purposes in the United States. With equipment solutions, provided through Innovative Biometric Systems, and the service expertise of FastFingerprints, for the electronic fingerprinting market, NBCI prides itself in their quick and secure capture, processing and transmission of fingerprints for background checks.
Role: Business Development Manager (NBCI)
Apply for this job now.