JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Refinitiv is a multibillion US dollars business. It provides critical news, information and analytics, enables transactions and connects communities of trading, investment, financial and corporate professionals. It also provides leading regulatory and risk management solutions to help customers anticipate and manage risk and compliance.
Within the technology function, Technology Operations manages the continuous availability and evolution of Refinitiv's internal and customer facing applications and underlying infrastructure. These services process billions of updates per day, millions of web requests from and to hundreds of thousands of financial terminals, tens of thousands of feeds, etc... Technology Operations guaranties application service availability, their deployment and set-up for Refinitiv. It supports hundreds of services running from about 60, 000 production servers, manages the underlying network and platform infrastructure as much as the applications and ensure that our vendors and third-party providers deliver in line with our business expectations.
To support our business strategy in more agile and effective ways we are moving to a platform strategy supported by virtual technology. Our Operations need to evolve to operate at scale a business-critical platform hosted in virtualized Data centers and cloud environments. We are moving to a lean enterprise DevOps model embracing the cloud and other Data center software driven opportunities supported by strong standard and processes. These activities underpin our ongoing drive for service improvement and our clear 'service first' focus has delivered significant benefit to our customers over recent years. We continue to look for further and ongoing improvement opportunities.Role Purpose
The Regional Availability Managers, Technology Operations role provides an operational presence in one of the three geographic regions in which Refinitiv operates. The role is focused on ensuring effective day to day operation of all aspects of Technology Operations involved in delivering services to our customers, both internal and external. This will be achieved through:
- Engaging with customers and internal stakeholders both pro-actively and re-actively.
- Promote Revenue Retention & Growth and Customer Experience Goals within Technology Operations
- Champion and Manage SIPs at a regional level.
- Actively use data and metrics to identify improvement and risk management agenda across services based on both internal and external input.
- Being a visible presence in-region as the key technology operations lead for service first
- Monitoring service always to ensure the highest levels of availability are maintained
- Ensuring ongoing service incidents are being managed effectively
This role will work across multiple departmental and geographical boundaries and you will regularly interact with senior stakeholders. The successful candidate must be able to inspire trust, manage expectations, gain sponsorship and build confidence.
The role requires an in-depth knowledge of maintaining availability of business-critical services in a largescale global technology environment involving multiples systems and operating teams. Demonstrable leadership and ability to drive pro-active and re-active mobilisation in a matrix environment. The individual must be able to inspire trust, manage expectations, gain sponsorship with business and technology senior and executive leadership teams. The role requires frequent interactions with senior and executive leaders in the company. Crisis resolution through working with vendors, customers and senior leaders is also a key element. This role will report to the Regional Head of Availability Management and will be a member of various management leadership forums. The role will co-ordinate activities across a team of talented and highly experienced individuals.
- Have an ability to understand commercial, technological and service drivers in order to execute strategy.
- Be an advocate for good service and can view our service provision with a client lens
- Have a drive for continuous improvement and can manage change and transformation effectively
- Is comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and can incorporate defined processes to build efficiency.
- Has experience of successful stakeholder management through negotiation and influencing skills, complex problem solving and conflict management.
- Have a clear understanding of customer service needs/expectations in order to ensure drive the appropriate responses to service issues.
A Typical Day
- Be an advocate for service, cultivate 'best in class' client service and client experience behaviours across our technology organisation
- Identify opportunities and efficiencies to maximise service delivery and customer experience in parallel to the business goals and technology scope.
- Manage, measure and maintain service availability management across technology disciplines to ensure agreed availability targets are met and are reviewed in line with Refinitiv best proactive and industry leading standards
- Provides requirements to ensure that new or modified technology services will meet availability targets
- Creates and manage service improvement and stability plans regionally/globally where required
- Produces and maintains an Availability Plan which prioritizes and plans technology availability improvements, driving to proactively enhance service stability and overall availability
- Uses data to drive decision making, performing analysis to steer priorities and both strategic and tactical outcomes
- Ensures that new or modified IT services follow availability tests and plans following major business change
- Aligns with ITSM processes, acting as a voice of the customer embedded in each of the core ITSM processes and ensures outcomes/learnings are prioritised.
- Responsible for reporting to senior management and key stakeholders (Global Service Escalation & Customer Communications, Sales & Account Management) during major incidents and crisis management situations. Bridging clear and consistent communication
- Drive strategic change to enhance overall availability and client experience cross organisation
- Perform Process Manager responsibilities for Availability Management
- Engage with clients and internal stakeholders, both pro-actively and re-actively to collaborate and feed back into service improvement practices for strategic and tactical delivery.
Experience and knowledge
- Review output of combined regional TechOps Leadership Team Service Check-In and the Customer Operations regional Daily Buzz meetings and look for gaps in process / workflows and reporting. Help Regional Head "join the dots" and determine a regional risk scorecard based on Customer Experience.
- Review output of Customer Experience Monitor and similar Customer Operations reporting in parallel to TechOps Service Management / Availability data; identify actionable trends; quantify risk and impact statements.
- Provide oversight on regional / global SIPs that maybe initiated to produce quick wins (sustainable / repeatable) for Customer Experience.
- Working with Regional Head to produce customer facing materials as part of regular briefings. Knowledge / Education
- Technical and/or business degree or equivalent with computer science/IT experience/knowledge.
• Firm understanding of financial services industry and products
- Data analytics
- Proven experience in service availability management and service level management with notable successes achieved in this arena
- Proven experience of working with customers in the Financial Markets / FinTech industry.
What's in it for you?
- Proven experience of working in a real-time evolving environment, often against tight timelines. Think of F1 Pit-Lane dynamics.
- Experience of preserving service stability in a dynamic environment
- Problem solving and decision making in complex environments, comfortable with making the 80/20 decision whilst acknowledging the need to constantly review that decision choice as information evolves.
- Experience of balancing risk with business requirements.
- Strong understanding of large enterprise technology function and structures
- ITIL process and Agile DevOps practices
- Articulate executive communications, the ability to distil information to audience
- Experience within financial services industry desirable
- Problem solving and decision making in complex environments
- Ability to manipulate data and reports to support analysis and present conclusions
- Proven experience in service availability management and service level management with notable successes
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment with opportunities to progress your career.
Access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement, private medical insurance and travel insurance for you and your family - with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans and the option to buy or sell holiday.
We're reshaping the financial industry. Again. Now's your chance to be a part of it.
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
Role: Regional Availability Manager - EMEA
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Nottingham, England, England
Apply for this job now.