The Project and Equipment Specialist manages projects and administers equipment related activities such as forecasting, tracking, asset management and inventory control for various business lines to enable successful field execution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages, executes and supports projects, processes and programs (e.g., studio maintenance, décor updates, studio closures, initiatives) to meet business needs, include peak season ramp up and ramp down.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures related to equipment asset management (e.g., distribution, dispositioning, serializing, tracking).
- Develops and executes equipment/asset management processes including forecasting, inventory, outstanding and spare equipment, serialization as well as asset lifecycle management (e.g., camera and lens usage, kit components) to meet business needs.
- Manages and tracks equipment cycling through vendors for repairs, including timing, billing, etc.
- Assists with equipment readiness and deployment related activities (e.g., surveys, equipment deployment and return) for peak season.
- Collaborates with equipment, Technical Operations and Field Operations teams to ensure alignment on priorities, workload, resources and timelines as well as clear communication.
- Acts as subject matter expert for, and effectively utilizes systems of record (e.g., enterprise resource planning software) related to equipment and inventory management to drive efficiency and ensure accuracy.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes installations and necessary work related to new studio openings, remodels/foot print changes, conversion, relocations, as well as fixture and equipment removal for studio closures according to project schedules.
- Acts as point of contact for facilities related issues (e.g., HVAC, water) in field locations.
- Maintains studio data to ensure accurate record keeping (e.g., studio square footage, rail system size, last remodel date), invoice reconciliation and processes (e.g., maintenance tracking, studio number assignment).
- Prepares and distributes reports (e.g., preventive maintenance, outstanding equipment, shipping and installation schedule, core equipment tracking, camera forecast) based on business needs.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent related experience.
- 2 - 5 years in supply chain/inventory management.
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel at an intermediate level.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Takes initiative.
- May be required to travel up to 10%, based on business needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a background check.
At Lifetouch, Inc., our purpose is to help families make memories and share them with others.
For more than 80 years, Lifetouch has been the professional photography company of choice for schools and families. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN., the enterprise is organized around four primary business units operating in local communities across North America.
Built on the tradition of “Picture Day”, Lifetouch captures smiling faces from preschool through high school graduation, as well as sports, special events, seniors and yearbooks; and also serves customers in JCPenney Portrait Studios and Church communities.
Lifetouch is also proud to be a part of the Shutterfly family of brands.
Role: Project & Equipment Specialist
Location: Eden Prairie,
Apply for this job now.