Reading and phonics tuition
- Part-time role
- Reading and Phonics tuition
- Key Stage 1
Teaching Personnel are currently working in partnership with schools across the East Lancashire area to source experienced, dedicated primary practitioners to work as booster/ catch-up tutors. Due to the recent gap in learning, additional support is required to help students achieve their targeted Literacy levels. This will be implemented through 1:1 and small group booster sessions.
The Primary School we have most recently been contacted by is based in Accrington (BB5) and they are hoping to source a teacher/ teaching assistant to work across all year groups. The successful candidate will be required to provide 1:1 and small group reading/ phonics sessions for the students. Recent experience within a Primary School setting in necessary and experience within a similar role is desirable.
The class teachers are due to carry out relevant assessments and group the children accordingly for the tuition sessions with the sessions set to start as soon as possible hereafter and will more than likely be required until the end of the academic year.
Requirements for the role:
- As the school are looking to consider either a teaching assistant or teacher for the role you will require either CACHE Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or QTS
- Minimum grade C in English & Maths at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Experience using Letters and Sounds, Jolly Phonics or Read Write Inc. Phonics schemes
- Experience supporting children within a Primary School setting.
Think you are right for this role?
Simply apply now by emailing an up-to-date CV to #removed# with a short statement on your suitability for the role. Or register online at https://register.teachingpersonnel.com/ and I will be in touch within 2 working days.