The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for managing accounts payable related activities and procedures for the organization.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all vendor payments and expense reimbursements (check, ACH, wire)
- Employee Expense Report processing
- Responsible for audit and compliance requirements and requests
- Responsible for vendor 1099 filings and year end reporting requirements
- Organize and assign accounts payable staff functions; provide direction to the daily, monthly and year end processing; monitor and evaluate performance and provide for staff development opportunities.
- Research, analyze and resolve more complex payment and vendor issues.
- Advise management on specific issues related to accounts payable and expense reimbursements.
- Develop and maintain KPI's and metrics related to the AP process.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Analyze processes and initiate and oversee process improvement initiatives within AP
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education/Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (four year) in Accounting is preferred, but not required
- Energy or natural gas industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of generally accepted accounting principles
- Role requires broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounts payable issues
Technical & Personal Skills
- Excellent computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong self-manager, able to initiate & follow through on all tasks
- Ability to set goals and manage time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant effect
Grayson Search Partners is a Chicago-based executive search firm specializing in the placement of accounting, finance and technology professionals. By identifying and marketing top finance, accounting and technical talent, we have built long-standing relationships with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-up growth based companies. At Grayson, we understand the value of our relationships and seek to be a true partner to our clients and our candidates throughout their business and career paths.
Role: Accounts Payable Manager
Apply for this job now.