The Offerpad Field Technician is responsible for a wide range of repair and maintenance skills. These include air conditioning, appliances, carpentry, drywall, electrical, flooring, heating and cooling, kitchen and bath remodeling, painting, plumbing, pressure washing, roofing and windows and doors. This home renovations role is versatile enough to repair faulty appliances and toilets, fix minor electrical issues, paint a building's exterior and handle numerous other tasks.
- Repair minor plumbing, electrical and safety systems in the homes as required.
- Help coordinate with specialty vendors and oversee the work they perform on our homes.
- Perform supervision of routine utility connects with local utility companies.
- Provide a professional level of customer service with potential home buyers.
- Work within time sensitive deadlines.
- May work with a team of Techs to accomplish larger projects.
- Must have strength in 1 or more of the following skills:
Replace hose bibbs, shower valves, p traps, angle stops, supply lines, diverters, garbage disposals, water heaters, install sinks, install faucets, knowledge with PVC, ABS, and have the ability to route and solder copper pipes
Ability to install any type of lighting, switches, outlets, etc.
Ability to replace and trouble shoot wiring issues including three way switches and GFCI's.
Knowledge with breakers, panels, and aluminum wiring a plus.
Ability to repair or install any type and match any texture.
Ability to repair or fabricate broken cabinets faces, doors, toe kicks, shelves, adjust hinges, install or replace hardware, and rebuild sink bases.
Hang doors, Install and repair baseboards and casing, and trim out windows
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a general handyman focusing on residential real estate
- Experience with plumbing and electrical systems required
- Excellent facility with common hand and power tools
- General handyman knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate well with property management and maintenance staff via phone and/or email.
- Must be able to operate an Ipad
- Willingness to uphold company standards for safety, tenant service and efficiency
- Must provide own tools
- Must have reliable transportation and your own tools
Why Work with Offerpad?
It's simple: We're here to help. We help people by providing the best way to buy and sell a home. Period. If you're passionate about helping people, too, in an environment where every day matters, where you'll thrive on innovation, collaboration and recognition for your inspiring ideas and be rewarded for your results, then welcome home to Offerpad!
We're a fast-growing, fast-moving, compassionate customer-obsessed team of like-minded business disruptors who are continually challenging and changing the way traditional real estate works. We're all about homes, not houses. Since 2015, we've grown from an entrepreneurial upstart in three markets to an industry-leading technology innovator with more than 500 happy humans working together to help customers in 900+ cities and towns across the country. As we continue to grow and expand, our goal remains the same: Make the process as seamless and stress-less as possible to help them move freely and enjoy the best customer experience available.
While we work hard to serve our customers - we have a 95% customer satisfaction rating and 84% Net Promoter Score -- we also work hard at taking care of one another. We're family here, we work hard but we have a lot of fun. Our culture is one of inclusivity and support, one that values results, nourishes creativity and relishes -- and rewards -- each other's success.
If home is where your heart is and making people happy is your passion, we welcome you to join our team of intrepid innovators, technology gurus, real estate experts and all-around great people at Offerpad! Check our current job postings below to see everything we have to offer!
Offerpad can offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, startup environment
- Strong, collaborative team culture
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k)
- Mileage reimbursement (where applicable for role)
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Flexible PTO