Teaching Personnel is the UK's leading education recruitment agency, specialising in supplying education staff and academic support programmes to schools in the UK and Wales. Due to an unprecedented demand for high quality educators (support and teaching staff), we are now hiring for a Recruitment Resourcer to join our Secondary team as a candidate consultant, this is a full time and permanent position starting immediately.
The ideal applicant for this role will be knowledge of the education system and have strong communication skills, you will be the link between candidates and branch staff who will find them suitable work within our client secondary schools. Previous experience working within Recruitment is not essential.
We offer an unrivalled training programme for both recruitment and candidate consultants, you will join our national branch network and be involved with our team of Resourcers who have a specific training programme separate to recruitment consultants.
As we enter the busiest period of the academic year for school supply requirements, you'll work tirelessly to attract, recruit and retain the best educators for your secondary team, as well as supporting the teachers/teaching assistants with the recruitment process and finding work to suit their preference. The start date is immediate or from January after the Christmas break, you will be working specifically within our East or North Manchester teams, recruiting candidates and supporting schools in the following geographical areas; Manchester (North/South), Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working as a Resourcer will require you to have a strong connection with candidates and internal staff, this role has been created to increase the number of successful education staff we can attract and find suitable work for in secondary schools. As part of your daily responsibilities you can expect to;
- Build and develop your own Educator database by creating job adverts, recruiting and sourcing quality teachers and support staff
- Liaise with consultants and managers in the secondary location to ensure suitable work is found and offered to your new candidates
- Conduct virtual interviews with perspective educators on behalf of the secondary team
- Work to KPIs and targets in line with your branch and Candidate Consultant career ladder
- Partake in the companies unique learning and development programme to enhance your recruitment knowledge and understanding of the job
- Support your team and achieve team targets as well as individual accolades
- Attend and observe client meetings and work towards the opportunity of becoming a 360-recruitment consultant (if desired)
Teaching Personnel have provided a first-rate service to over 5,000 schools throughout the UK since 1996. We have registered hundreds of thousands of teachers and classroom support staff and are the first-choice agency for over 12,000 job seekers. We have 80+ branches across England & Wales, a career path that can take you to the very top and a culture that rewards hard work and promotes teamwork. Teaching Personnel is your place to thrive.
Hours of Work
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis - 42.5 hours per week, 5 days per week, 8am-5pm in term time with significantly reduced hours in the school holidays.
Salary and Benefits
In return for your efforts we offer a great package consisting of:
- Annual starting salary from £19,300 per year to reflect skills and experience plus performance-related commission
- 25 days holiday + UK bank holidays, increasing with service
- Reduced working hours during school holidays
- Contributory pension scheme<