Process semimonthly payroll processing for 200+ employees
Ensure all timecards are accurate and approved, import into ADP WorkForce now for processing
Process commission files and import into ADP WorkForce now
Ensure that all payrolls are processed timely and accurately
Process payroll related journal entries (semimonthly payroll entries, monthly accrual, PTO accrual, commission, bonus, etc.
Complete account reconciliations for payroll-related balance sheet accounts
Process expense reports using Concur Solutions
Assist with other accounting tasks as needed
- One to three years of payroll processing experience, including within a multi-state environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparing payroll related journal entries and in managing/reconciling payroll related accounts within the general ledger.
- Experience working with ADP payroll software and time and attendance software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience in liaising with HR and resolving payroll related issues with employees.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration related field; BS in Accounting degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative and intuitive thought-process and problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with MS Great Plains & Management Reporter (Preferred).
For more than 20 years, The J.G. Wentworth Company® has provided customers with affordable, flexible options to respond to life's changing needs.
At the outset, we purchased future payments from structured settlements that resolved personal injury claims. Later that expanded to help people with funds from annuities. Along the way, we have continuously looked for new and pioneering ways to meet the unmet financial needs of our customers.
Today, The J.G. Wentworth Company® is a diversified consumer financial services leader focused on providing direct-to-consumer access to financing needs through a variety of solutions, including: mortgage lending and refinancing, access to personal loans, structured settlement payment purchasing, and prepaid cards.
Role: Payroll Accountant
Apply for this job now.