Solicitor | Dispute Resolution | Salary Negotiable | Lincolnshire
My client is the largest law firm in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire, providing a wide range of legal services to both businesses and individuals. The Firm regularly achieves department and individual recommendations in the UK's leading legal directories and is ranked 106 in the top 200 UK law firms by turnover.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Solicitor (ideally at least 4 years PQE, but a lower PQE would be considered) to join the Dispute Resolution department in their Grimsby office.
The Dispute Resolution department is recognised and recommended by the Legal 500 for its excellence. Serving the firm's nationwide clients, it is a busy, dynamic and outcome-driven department. Team-members have expertise across the range of dispute types, from property and commercial matters to contentious probate and privacy, and provide support across the firm's practice areas
The role will suit a talented and motivated Solicitor with some post-qualification experience. The individual will relish a challenge and be flexible enough to advise upon a range of dispute practice areas. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable in dealing with both businesses and individuals and will have excellent communication and "soft-skills". It is hoped that the successful candidate will want to develop his/her own client-base and enjoy business development with a view to future progression within the firm.
Duties will include
The successful candidate will be involved in assisting the team in dealing with a wide range of general litigation cases to include commercial, property and contentious probate issues.
- Assisting the team in dealing with a wide range of general litigation cases to include commercial, property and contentious probate matters.
- Conducting all matters in the client's best interest and in accordance with the highest professional standards always.
- Maintaining files in a neat and orderly state using the available electronic system and ensuring that each file is reviewed in line with monthly Matter Maintenance Reports.
- Maintaining time recording on client matters daily.
- Regularly updating clients as to the status of their case including regular updates on costs.
- Dealing with routine and difficult enquiries from telephone callers and clients effectively and efficiently and ensuring that all client complaints are dealt with both professionally and promptly.
- Attending court and conducting advocacy on behalf of clients or instructing counsel where appropriate.
- Working with the support team (including secretaries and paralegals) to encourage production of work of the highest possible standard.
- Delegating appropriate work to paralegals / trainee legal executives and supervising the completion of the work.
- Understanding the obligations relating to client accounts and ensuring the preparation and service of bills complies with the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Achieving financial targets and maintaining financial hygiene agreed with the Department Head or Divisional Head.
- Keeping up to date with case law and applying as appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA's approach to continuing competence.
- Involvement with business development activities organised by the department, division or office at which you work.
- Identifying and following up new business opportunities.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of general litigation (preferably to include commercial, property and contentious probate disputes).
- Good knowledge of civil procedure and court rules together with experience of alternative dispute resolution.
- Excellent client relationship, interpersonal and team skills, including an ability to work closely with others.
- Initiative and self-motivation.
- Time and matter management skills.
- Ability to adopt a commercial as well as legal approach to client issues.
- An ability to business develops and network individually & collectively.
- Understanding and adoption of the Firm's values and behaviours.
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward an up to date copy of your CV or call Simon on 01772 259121 for an informal discussion.
At Clayton Legal we passionately believe your talent matters, so we specialise in recruiting the best legal talent and connecting this to the right opportunities. Clayton Legal is recognised as the talent partner of choice with clients ranging from small legal practices to international and global law firms. Whether you're looking for total recruitment outsourcing or a single appointment, or an overview of the recruitment market our award recognised service can confidently meet your talent needs.