Doherty Top Talent is hiring an Insurance Agent in Portland.This is a direct hire opportunity with business hours Monday through Friday. Compensation starts at $50,000 base, with aggressive, uncapped commissions, benefits, and a supportive team who want to help you succeed. The main responsibility of this role is to assess for risk exposure on personal and/or commercial properties, make appropriate recommendations, and place coverage to address risks.
Insurance Agent Responsibilities
- Market and sell personal lines P&C insurance policies
- Proactively contact all leads to recommend appropriate insurance, quote and place coverage
- Identify and assess client risk exposures
- Foster referral relationships with all real estate personnel including agents, office managers and mortgage brokers to maximize sales opportunities
- Provide work direction as appropriate to new business specialists to ensure all aspects of client on-boarding are completed properly and in a timely manner
- Actively monitor and report to management any circumstances that may lead to a potential or actual insurance errors and omissions claim, DOI (department of insurance) or related complaints
Insurance Agent Requirements
- Two years of successful personal lines insurance sales experience
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management techniques
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Appropriate state agent/broker personal lines insurance license for NC
To apply for the Insurance Agent position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or more information about the Insurance Agent position, please call Doherty Minneapolis at 612-208-1611 or email #removed#
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android #removed#/app
Working with Doherty Staffing Solutions
Placing great people into work opportunities is our mission, and it's been a life-changing one for our candidates for over 35 years! We hope you turn to Doherty at every stage of your working life, from your first job, to the peak of your career, to the flexible or short-term opportunities during the busier times of your life. Whether you are looking for temporary work, a contract position, or a permanent job, Doherty can help you find the role that matches your current needs and skill set. We want to place you with the company that's right for you!
Whatever your career path, Doherty is here for you!
Learn more and apply online at #removed#
Doherty is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer.
Role: Insurance Agent
Apply for this job now.