The Department of Cancer Immunotherapy at the Company Research is seeking a highly motivated scientist (contract position) to join a group of investigators in identifying and evaluating novel therapies in the field of cancer immunotherapy. The candidate will explore novel mechanisms of action, therapeutic strategies, and elucidate new discoveries in the fields of immunology and cancer research. The successful candidate will work closely with discovery colleagues to advance research stage programs into early clinical development, providing both scientific and technical expertise.
Who You Are
In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success in bringing novel medicines to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
- You must have demonstrated expertise with cellular and biochemical assays, including immune and epithelial cell isolation from tissues, cell culture, molecular biology, flow cytometry, and cellular immunology (e.g. immune cell stimulation and functional assays).
- Candidates with experience in innate immunity (e.g. culture and treatment of macrophages, dendritic cells) and protein chemistry (e.g. immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation) are preferred.
- A working knowledge of molecular genetics & gene editing (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9) is highly valued.
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, can present research at intra- and inter-departmental meetings, and work effectively as part of a team.
- Qualified candidates should be adept at independently designing, executing and interpreting experiments.
- Applicants should have at least a MS degree in immunology, oncology, biology or related field. PhD strongly preferred.
- The position requires a minimum of 4 years of hands-on relevant experience in molecular biology, immunology or immune-oncology with a track record of success as evidenced by a strong publication record, and/or evidence of sustained contributions in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Skills and Experience:
- FLOW CYTOMETRY
- CELL CULTURE
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- PROTEIN CHEMISTRY
BEPC provides Technical Engineering and Information Technology Project Management services to Fortune 500 companies in the Life Science and technology industries. BEPC Inc. is incorporated in the state of Texas, with headquarters in San Angelo, Texas, and is a minority and HUB-certified Company recognized through the National Minority Supplier Development Council.
BEPC offers Life Science engineering and technical consulting services that include: process, product, equipment, and software validations, process and product transfers, commissioning and qualification of manufacturing clean rooms, clean room automation, packaging engineering, labeling and document translation, technical writing, and process automation.
Additionally, as a leading IT consulting company, BEPC offers enterprise resource planning, large-scale technology deployment and integration, SAP development, information assurance, network architecture, and project management. As a direct supplier with large MSPs, BEPC offers its clients highly qualified candidates to fill professional, technical, information technology and manufacturing engineering positions. These large staffing companies leverage BEPC's expertise to fill highly technical positions for their clients.
Role: Senior Research Associate, II
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.