Company: HAYS SENIOR FINANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
A leading real estate development, investment and management company on their need for a Senior Accountant with Real Estate experience. The businesses strategic focus is to invest in markets and real estate sectors with good growth potential. By combining its key strengths, the Group has established a track record of award-winning projects and delivers consistent and high returns across real estate asset classes. If you are looking for your next Senior Accountant role with the Real Estate sector this is not one to be missed. My client is expanding its investments and requires additional resources for its Finance department. The role is to support the Finance Director and Financial Controller with ensuring a consistently smooth set of accounting functions, acting as a link between the Finance and Operations teams based in the UK. You will be responsible for the provision of accounting and business partnering support for one of the businesses commercial assets.
Your new role
- Timely month end closing, inter-company reconciliation
- Business Partnering with investors
- Reviewing outsourced service providers accounts
- Business partnering with asset managers
- Preparation of monthly management reporting, monthly bank reconciliation and quarterly audit schedules
- Ensuring timely preparation of full set of financial statements for audit;
- Handling tax matters (such as VAT and corporate/income tax);
- Budgeting and forecasting; internal control and compliance; serving as a key driver for implementation of Group policies, processes and systems;
- Performing credit reviews for potential tenants and suppliers; providing financial project management support for asset management initiatives and development projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- Fully qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA accountant
- At least 2-5 years post qualified experience
- Must have Real Estate or Construction experience
- Must be well-versed in MS Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Need to be hands-on with a good eye for detail, responsible, well-organised and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work proactively
Salary up to £75000 plus 25days holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.