Company: FARRAR LEVIN LEGAL RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Highly-regarded Data Protection team at this commercial law firm in London is looking to recruit a Data Protection lawyer of 3 or more years’ PQE. The team delivers market leading, industry specific data protection, freedom of information and data breach/cyber expertise. Work is growing fast here, resulting in an exciting opportunity for a new team member to help deliver their data protection advice to clients across the firm. They have a varied and loyal client base of big-name brands, with a large focus on the financial services sector and a growing practice within other key sectors including health, technology and real estate. Whilst the team already has an impressive portfolio of clients providing work of extremely high quality, all team members are empowered to develop their own client contacts and relationships from the start of their careers; you will see how your contribution directly impacts on your clients and understand how the service you provide helps them. You can expect a varied and interesting workload, focused on the aim of assisting clients to meet commercial objectives and manage risk including:
• Providing complex advice such as: data protection impact assessments; risk based analysis of data protection compliance of new projects and systems; the use of artificial intelligence; and structuring new initiatives, such as big data projects, marketing strategy and data sharing
• Assisting with responses to ICO complaints and defending investigations
• Dealing with complex data subject requests
• Advising on the use of targeted advertising, cookies and new technologies
• Drafting and negotiating data protection clauses
• Advising on issues arising out of cross border transfers of data.
The successful applicant will have solid experience in advising on data protection issues and be looking for accelerated career progression in a supportive environment. For the right candidate, this offers a genuine opportunity to make a big impact.