The RMA provides quality care and assistance with activities of daily living for residents of the community as well as assists with the administration of prescribed medications within the established scope of practice. The RMA encourages all residents to function at their highest level of independence and to participate in community activities. Conducts activities and provides for a meaningful experience for all residents. Responsible for ensuring a pleasurable dining experience and for representing the community in a positive manner at all times. This is a part-time position, with the possibility of going to full-time in the future based upon the business needs.
1st Shift - Part Time
2nd Shift - Part Time
- Must possess 5+ years experience as a RMA, with supervisory experience required.
- Must possess both current CNA and RMA license from the Virginia Board of Nursing in good standing
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in-writing
- Must be organized and able to work well with all levels of personnel
- Must be a contributing member of nursing team and follow instruction of supervisor
- Must be polite and considerate of residents, visitors, and co-workers at all times
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and push or carry 25 lbs
- Must be able to safely lift and transfer residents while maintaining proper body mechanics
- Must be in designated uniform during working hours, to include name badge and a smile
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified, or be willing to become certified within 60 days of hire
- Must be able to represent the community in a positive and professional manner
The Crossings at Harbour View provides senior living services in Suffolk, Virginia. This is a new 174 unit senior living community with 90 independent living units, 63 assisted living units, and 21 memory care apartments. The Crossings is located in the Harbour View submarket of Suffolk, an area highlighted by new residential, retail, and medical growth. The site, located at 5871 Harbour View Boulevard, is surrounded by new medical offices, including the Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View and the Bon Secours Medical Arts Building. The Community is also located adjacent to a small shopping center that houses a Starbucks and other retailers.
Role: Registered Medication Aide (Med Tech)
Apply for this job now.