SEN Teaching Assistant
£70- £80 per day PAYE
September 2021- July 2022
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is Level 3 or degree equivalent.
Smart Teachers are recruiting for full time SEN Teaching Assistants to work in a 'Good' two-form entry in Harrow. The suitable candidates will be working with pupils with various needs such as ASD, ADD, ADHD and ODD who require 1:1 support. Overall, pupils in this school are well-behaved and simply struggle to concentrate and grasp the core of the lesson, therefore simply requires an enthusiastic individual to help direct their attention within the lesson. There will be no personal care required and the successful SEN Teaching Assistants will only need to focus on one pupil during lesson time and playtimes.
Smart Teachers work with a range of schools in the London borough of Harrow. These include LEA schools, faith schools, Independent schools and SEN schools. This would be a great opportunity for those who wish to experience various different schools and how curriculums are delivered differently.
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant, you must:
- Level 3 or degree equivalent qualification
- Have recent experience supporting KS1 or KS2
- Experience within SEN desirable but not essential
- Eligibility to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews