Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
Salary: £36,764 - £41,187 (inclusive of London Weighting & COLA) dependent upon skills and experience
Permanent, Full time 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Earlies & late - 7:30am - 3:30pm & 1:30pm - 9:30pm (includes Saturday shifts plus on call rota)
Band/Grade: 5/6 (Equivalent to E grade)
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit a Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthetics) to join their Theatres team.
As a Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthetics), you will be responsible for the assessment, evaluation and implementation of care given to patients in theatre and the anaesthetic room without supervision.
To support the anaesthetist during anaesthesia and deputise for the team leader as and when directed.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To carry out nursing/ODP duties within an anaesthetic area according to policies and procedures under the control of the person in charge, reporting any difficulties or concerns.
- To provide the highest standard of patient care and provide skilled assistance and support to the anaesthetic physician in the anaesthetic area/room.
- To ensure and ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for patients, customers and visitors.
- To ensure that the safety, privacy and dignity of the patient is always maintained throughout the perioperative phase.
- To participate in the on-call rota as required to support the anaesthetic service.
- To check and record controlled drugs daily, in accordance with The Clinic's policy and NMC/HPC professional documents.
- To ensure that anaesthetic equipment is checked according to policy and recommended good practice, and to ensure that the anaesthetic room is stocked and cleaned after use and CD drugs are checked.
- To remove from service any equipment for planned preventative maintenance or repair of fault in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC/HPC.
- Recognised anaesthetic course.
- 2 years anaesthetic experience.
- Experience in applying clinical reasoning skills to prioritise care.
- Knowledge of anaesthetic needs of patients and customers.
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on [... Click Apply...]for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successfully referring them.