St. Leonards-on-Sea, UK
Home Manager based at Lauriston, St Leonards on Sea
Permanent - Full Time - 37.5 hours per week.
About the role
As a Home Manager you will lead, inspire and engage your team to deliver an outstanding quality of personalised care and support to our residents enabling them to live later life well. You will be accountable for the commercial and financial performance of the home including occupancy levels and operating profit whilst ensuring regulatory compliance. In addition, you will develop and maintain positive internal and external relationships and be a true brand ambassador for MHA by living our values: respect every person, treating them with dignity; nurture mind body and spirit; and inspire the best in each other.
You will be an experienced Home Manager with inspirational leadership skills, a passion for adult social care and track record of developing and motivating teams to deliver outstanding care through continuous improvement. We are looking for a confident communicator with strong commercial awareness and strategic thinking ability coupled with a compassionate and resilient nature. You will hold or be willing to study for NVQ Level 4 in Care or LMC Level 4 Award.
For more information about the role please review the attached job description
You will be joining an organisation with strong values, a highly supportive culture and a commitment to the safety and wellbeing of employees. In addition, you will work alongside highly motivated colleagues in an environment of strong teamwork whilst also having fun. This is a hugely rewarding role and a career to be proud of where every day you will go home knowing you made a positive difference to the lives of older people.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer you loads more:
- 35 days holiday (including bank holidays) and an option to buy annual leave.
- Life assurance.
- A discount scheme which includes savings with retail stores and online purchases.
- Access to a number of nationally recognised training courses and qualifications.
- Genuine career progression and development opportunities.
- Employee assistance programme including free counselling and legal advice.
- Access to chaplaincy and pastoral support.
- Access to wellbeing resources.
- Family friendly policies.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle2Work salary sacrifice scheme.
- Healthcare scheme at competitive rates.
MHA is the UK's largest charity care provider and our mission is to 'enable people to live later life well'. Through 90 specialist care homes, 70 thriving retirement living schemes and 62 vibrant community services and befriending, we inspire the best care and wellbeing at every stage of later life. We have over 7,600 dedicated colleagues and are supported by over 4,000 generous volunteers. All our donations and any surplus we generate is invested into the services we provide for our 18,500 residents and members. Our values underpin our entire approach: we nurture mind body and spirit; we respect every person, treating them with dignity; and we inspire the best in each other.
About the home
At Lauriston, we provide residential, nursing and residential dementia care for 60 residents, in purpose-built, en suite accommodation.
Being close to the coast, it's a wonderfully calm and welcoming space, where we offer personalised care in a warm, supportive and safe environment.
What makes Lauriston special?
- Our focus on person-centred care
- Our professional and caring team
- Award-winning music therapy
- Secure gardens - to simply enjoy, or to get hands-on maintaining. We also have indoor gardening!
- Our beauty room offering hair and nail care
- We have open visiting, and family and friends can also enjoy a meal with their loved ones.
For more information about the home, please visit our website.
Please note that interviews may take place prior to the closing date and if a suitable candidate is appointed the role may close early.
Recruitment agencies: please note, MHA do not accept unsolicited CV's from recruitment agencies, regardless of whether they are on our Preferred Supplier List (PSL). We only accept CV's from agencies that have been appointed and briefed by MHA's Talent Acquisition Team.