Statewide law firm is currently seeking a full-time Legal Secretary for our San Diego office. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Business and Real Estate practice group to ensure that clients are provided the highest level of service on a daily basis. The successful candidate will have the ability to work with inflexible deadlines in a high-volume environment.
With over 40 years working in the California legal industry and 5 offices statewide, our firm has experienced continuous growth. We are committed to creating long-term relationships with our clients through excellent customer service. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Position is full-time; Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm and Friday, 8:30-5:00pm.
- Provide high-volume overall administrative assistance to multiple attorneys
- Prepare and coordinate legal documents; serve, copy, and file documents with the court
- Perform new client intake and assist in closing files
- Calendar and confirm appointments
- Prepare and finalize pre-bills
- Provide backup coverage for the receptionist
- File documents, sort and scan mail, and additional administrative duties as needed
- Previous administrative office experience
- Knowledge of business and real estate law (federal and state)
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Typing speed of 60 wpm
- 3+ years working in a law firm or office environment
- Previous litigation experience
- Knowledge of Federal and California Rules of Court
- Experience with ProLaw and Lexis Advanced
Why Should You Apply?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work/life balance, promotes inclusivity, and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
If you meet the requirements above, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements and typing speed for consideration. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Role: Legal Secretary
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.