Teaching Personnel are working with an Alternative Provision based in Bude to find them a resilient and adaptive Learning Support Assistant who has experience working with students, aged 7-16, with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
Students enrolled will present a lot of challenging behaviour, positive approaches and techniques to de-escalate this behaviour are crucial. Training or qualifications in Teaching Assistant or behaviour management is not essential but would be very beneficial. The candidate will also be spending time as a general TA when not working 1:1. This portion of the role will be assisting groups of students in a class with their work and supporting the teacher in day to day classroom tasks.
- Working with staff to develop and implement behaviour and learning strategies
- Assisting the child to regulate their emotions
- Manage challenging behaviour
- Work alongside teachers to deliver class materials
- 1 year of experience working with young people
- Experience working with SEMH and challenging behaviour
- Knowledge of positive behaviour approaches
- Able to work 5 days a week 8:30-3:30
If you would be interested in finding out more, or would like to apply for immediate consideration, please feel free to contact me on the number below.
Dean = 01872 250120 or #removed#