Performs a wide variety of tasks involved in the shipping and/or receiving of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Unpacks incoming items, checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices and maintains records of received goods rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary.
- Must have strong component ID ability and be able to follow the AVL within our system.
- Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment.
- Counts and packs various sized products in boxes, cartons or other containers. Checks material against packing lists for inclusion of all component parts. May assemble boxes and cartons, prepare special or non-standard packs.
- Follows specific instructions for correct carton, wrapping and arrangement of parts and use of dunnage. Applies correct label, stamp and/or other identification as directed and secures package with specified closure.
- May assist in training entry-level employees.
- May operate forklift.
- Process inputs for receipts and shipments in ERP system.
- Maintains dock security.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with ERP
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, excel, word.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective multi-task skills and ability to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Works with diverse groups.
Education / Experience
• High School diploma or GED; 2+ years shipping or receiving experience in materials / warehouse and computer skills helpful but not required
The Staffing Solutions Group is a leading regional staffing company, established and operated under the same management team since 1989. We provide a full range of staffing options, which include: Direct Hire, Long-Term Temporary, Temporary to Hire, Payroll Service, Vendor in Partnership (On-Site) and One-Call Solutions. This position offers excellent benefits and room for advancement with temporary to hire opportunities.
Role: Shipping And Receiving Clerk
Apply for this job now.