Under the direction of Retail Sales & Adoption Center Manager, the Sales Associate & Adoption Counselor is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming environment for all visitors to the center, demonstrated by: consistently providing the highest level of customer service; showing compassion for animals and people; maintaining accurate and complete records; and providing service to the public in a timely manner.
- Provide a positive customer service experience
- Answer customer inquiries in person, by phone and email
- Process retail sales
- Receive, mark, and stock merchandise
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks to ensure the professional image
- Animal handling and cage cleaning as needed
- Interview of potential adopters to match with permanent homes
- Process adoption paperwork
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer service and cash handling experience in a retail setting preferred
- Knowledge about pet care and pet care safety
- Ability to work cooperatively with volunteers and coworkers
- Must be able to represent the VBSPCA professionally at all times
- Available to work evenings and weekends
Physical Requirements/Working Condiditons:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to lift/move boxes up to 40 pounds
- Ability to restrain animals up to 80 pounds
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to be around animals
- Ability to clean animal housing areas
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- May be exposed to offensive chemicals
It is the mission of the Virginia Beach Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (VBSPCA) to create a more humane and responsible community by eliminating animal suffering while increasing human compassion.
Role: Sales Associate & Adoption Counselor
Location: Virginia Beach,
Apply for this job now.