Hand Lasting Technician
Hours of Work: 37.75 hours, Mon-Fri
About the Company:
Our client is a multi-award-winning manufacturer of some of the world's most advanced prosthetic technology, bespoke seating solutions and orthotic devices.
Their evidence-based approach and commitment to continuously challenge possibilities ensures our mobility solutions prioritise the wellbeing and long-term health of our users. Through science, technology, and maintaining a clear focus on people, they make mobility possible.
They currently have a great opportunity for a Hand Lasting Technician to join their Made to Measure Footwear team at Atlas Way, Sheffield.
Their specialist orthotic and seating technicians make mobility possible by developing bespoke devices to overcome mobility limitations and improve the life of every person we meet. They play a vital role in supporting our clinical teams to provide solutions which meet individual patient's needs and satisfy their specific requirements.
About the Hand Lasting Technician Role:
As a Hand Lasting Technician, you'll work on the Camino Footwear Collection. The Camino range of Orthopaedic Footwear was developed by a team of experienced clinicians and skilled footwear technicians; it offers a superb selection of footwear solutions using the highest quality materials in a wide variety of styles, fittings and options designed to fulfil an extensive range of clinical requirements. You'll work with the team of Orthotists to meet customer requirements in orthopaedic footwear.
As a Hand Lasting Technician, your job is to interpret customer orders, and manufacture or adjust footwear so that it meets the requirements of our clinicians and patients. You'll therefore be focused and able to demonstrate that you can operate in a high pressure, volume related environment.
The nature of the role is varied and can be fast paced so the successful candidate will maintain high standards when working to varying deadlines and when working under pressure. This is a permanent position and as standard the core working hours are 37.75 hours per week on Monday to Friday. In return, we offer a competitive salary package, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work as part of a highly specialist and experienced team.
Hand Lasting Technician Requirements:
- Have previous experience in shoe making
- Be able to interpret clinical orders
- Have great communication skills which allow you to build and develop relationships with internal and external customers
- Be competent in making modifications to lasts
- Be able to hand last shoes using traditional methods of manufacture
- Display excellent hand dexterity in the use and operation of hand tools
- Have good hand to eye co-ordination
- Have great attention to detail, and be able to follow instructions and work methodically
- Be aware of the importance of confidentiality and data protection in all aspects of work
- A qualification in shoe making would be desirable, but not essential.
If you think that you are suitable for this Hand Lasting Technician role, please apply now!
Closing date: 8 January 2021