Tortilla Flats Restaurantis looking for a positive and enthusiastic individual for the position of kitchen manager. If you enjoy managing relationships in fast-paced environment, agree that putting out a consistent, quality product and that insuring the happiness of each and every customer is of the upmost importance then we’d like to meet you!
OUR CORE VALUES
· Enthusiasm and Positivity - These go hand in hand... we like to make obvious our joy in creating and serving a great product. To us, a positive attitude is at the core of what makes us who we are. We feel that only a happy and professional staff can make Tortilla Flats a unique place where all are welcome.
· Being of Service - It is our pleasure to serve our customers. We strive to make our customers feel important and welcome by doing more than expected, anticipating needs and making a difference in their dining experience every time.
· Integrity and Responsibility - We are all accountable for our actions and inactions as individuals and as coworkers. We trust in the integrity and fairness of each other to work as a team to create a fun and relaxing environment for customers and employees alike.
Title: Kitchen Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Summary of Position:The KM is responsible for all kitchen functions, included but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, scheduling, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. It is expected that the KM take responsibility for setting the expectation for all kitchen employees to work as a team to ensure customer satisfaction. The KM must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate leadership in order to motivate others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Enforce core values.
· Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
· Responsible for ordering food products according to specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
· Manage and control food costs to GM’s specifications by weekly pricing of product with purveyors, maintaining temps of all storage and equipment, controlling waste and maintaining proper food holding and cooling temps.
· Fill in when needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and preventative maintenance programs.
· Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
· Provide orientation and training of new kitchen personnel, ensure safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils, cleanliness and sanitation.
· Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance reviews are followed and completed on a timely basis.
· Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen staff as appropriate.
· Prepare all required paperwork including forms, reports, schedules and invoices in an organized and timely manner.
· Positive attitude
· Strong leadership skills.
· Work well in fast paced setting
· Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills
· Available to work evenings and weekends.
· Communicate clearly and effectively.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop, go up and down stairs and lift up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
· Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
· Able to take direction from business owner/General Manager
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including management, food preparation, line cook, sauté and expediter.
· Serv Safe or other recognized hygiene qualification required.
· Use of basic software programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Good standard of math skills.
· Long periods of time standing
· Flexible and changing working hours
· Daytime, evening and weekend schedules
Role: Kitchen Manager
Apply for this job now.