Learning Support Assistant
Newham, East London
£70 - £85 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience working as a Learning Support Assistant in secondary schools.
ASAP start - ongoing
The role involves working as a Learning Support Assistant on a supply or long-term basis in secondary schools in Newham, East London. You will be working with students in KS3 and KS4 on a one to one or small group basis. Work is available on a daily supply basis or covering longer blocks of work. Smart Teachers pay our candidates directly via Pay as You Earn, we do not pay via a third party.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant role, you will:
- Have prior experience working as a Learning Support Assistant in secondary schools
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a passion for working with children and young people
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive and keen to get involved
- Are flexible and adaptable
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary Team on #removed#, quoting the reference DXULSAnewham.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.