This position calls for people who are adept at both assistant and leading. In the role of Convenience Store Manager, you'll be responsible for aspects of the store's operation; responsibility you'll prepare for through a training sequence that teaches you, the company in-store retail information system, inventory management and ordering technology. In addition to this you will be responsible for handling the daily paperwork, troubleshoot car wash issues and gas related issues. This leadership role will include forecasting, ordering, stocking and merchandising product; reconciling store paperwork; set the tone for courteous customer service; and management of the store staff.
What Will You Do?
· Training and coaching new store staff
· Creating schedules in time keeping system
· Stocking products on shelves and making sure the store looks clean and professional always.
· Forecast, order, stock and merchandise product
· Ensure prompt reconciliation of store paperwork
· Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous customer service to store customers, vendors, and staff
· Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment in the store and surrounding property
· Management of store staff including performance, time management, moral, staffing, etc.
· Troubleshoot and resolve car wash related issue
· Fix gas related issues such as drive offs and pumps being down
· Manage customer relations in a professional friendly manner
· Responsible for adhering to all local, state, and federal regulations
· Comply with budget requirement
· All other projects assigned by management
Are You Ready?
The Convenience Store Manager position requires the following:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Six to nine months experience as an Assistant Manager; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong mathematics ability
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· Desire to be part of a performance-driven team
· Valid Drive License and insurance
· Reliable form of transportation
The Store Manager position requires constant standing, bending and reaching with a moderate amount of manual dexterity. Frequent lifting of 1 to 5 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40- 50 pounds are required.
· Must be 21+ years of age
· Must be able to work various shifts and days of the week
What’s In It For You?
Vintners Distributors is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
- Compensation start round $16 - $19 per hour
- Bonus incentives
- Flexible schedule
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) Plan
Vintners Distributors Inc. is based in Fremont, Calif., and all its stores and stations are in California. The company was founded in 1978 and develops real estate and owns and operates gas stations with convenience stores and car washes. Vintners also has a wholesale division that delivers fuel to dealer locations in the market.
Role: Convenience Store Manager
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.