COMPANY: HAYS SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Contracts Manager, London, permanent or temporary to permanent
Group Contracts Manager
The role of Contract's Manager will support the company's legal team, to provide meaningful commercial contracts and legal support to the businesses specialisms based prominently based in the UK, however, it would be desirable that legal support could be extended to the United States.. The ability to understand and balance commercial aims at the same time as protecting the legal, financial and governance requirements of the group as a whole is a key requirement of this role. In this role you will work as a business partner to the respective businesses to support their individual legal and contracting requirements.
Principal focus of the role:
- Support the central head office legal team and wider company secretariat team. To that effect regular dialogue will be required to discuss priorities and the allocation and review of work by the UK team.
- Initiate and manage the review, drafting and negotiation of a broad range of commercials contracts with clients, suppliers and software vendors across specialisms, advising on legal risks and liabilities and ensuring that all contracts meet internal group governance requirements.
- Support the Data Protection Officer in all data protection and privacy compliance activities; review and negotiate data processing agreements
- Seek guidance and approval from executive level management and the Board (as appropriate) on matters falling outside of internal group governance requirements.
- Assist the head office legal team and the wider company secretariat team in initiatives and other ad hoc projects, as may be required from time to time.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the commercial teams of each specialism to review and negotiate contracts directly with clients, suppliers and software vendors, proposing amendments and re-drafting relevant clauses as necessary to reflect the agreed commercial terms and in accordance with internal group governance requirements.
- Draft intra-company agreements, based on an in-house precedent, for the provision of shared services across the specialisms.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all relevant stakeholders within each of the specialisms and head office team; work efficiently to meet agreed response times on contract review/advice.
- Keep executive level management and group functions informed on the status of contract reviews and negotiation, advise on the position under contract and work to resolve contract related queries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide assistance to specialisms with requests for information/invitations to tender.
- Provide guidance and support in the handling of client and supplier disputes.
- In agreement with the Group Company Secretary, seek the advice/utilise the resource of external legal counsel.
- Maintain the legal team contracts database, effectively managing the filing of all customer and supplier contracts, including the capture of key information.
- Provide support in any other matters of a commercial or quasi-legal nature arising from time to time.
Requirements of the role:
- Undergraduate law degree or Cilex
- The BPTC or LPC would be desirable.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in commercial contracts management preferably within an international commercial or digital/technology business, working closely with commercial teams to review, draft and negotiate a broad range commercial contracts including (without limitation) supply of services, software development and licensing and non-disclosure agreements
- International commercial contracts for the supply of digital and technology services including intellectual property assignment and licensing, exclusions and limitation of liability and indemnification
- International data protection/privacy regulatory landscape, including GDPR