The Warehouse Operator position performs a variety of material movements for order filling, receiving and loading/unloading for A. M. Castle customers. The Warehouse Operator will also be responsible for utilizing customer order requirements, selects, fills, and packages customer orders. A successful individual will demonstrate the ability to be efficient in a warehouse environment and work well with a team.
The Warehouse Operator will be a2nd shift positionbased out of the warehouse in Janesville, WI and will report to the Warehouse Supervisor in Janesville. (Requisition #000942)
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
- Perform a variety of material movement tasks for order filling, receiving, and loading/unloading.
- Utilize customer order requirements, selects, fills, and packages customer orders.
- Attach bundle tag to material being shipped and stages for shipment.
- Utilize Crown truck (elevated work platform) to pull down small orders to meet customer requirements.
- Operate the Raymond Truck to pull down orders to meet customer requirements.
- Utilize overhead crane to move material to staging area and or trucks.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- English and math competency test required
- Safety orientation including hazards communication and lock-out
- Quality orientation
- Forklift / Raymond Sideloader / Overhead Crane
- WMS a plus
- PC literacy a plus
- Must be able to pass basic measurement competency test
- Minimum two (2) years industrial work experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
ApplyNot ready to Apply?Company Description
Are you ready to take command of your career? Do your professional skills and interests have you poised for growth with an industry leader? Castle Metals is ready to talk with YOU! Recognized as a leading global distributor of metals with more than 50 locations worldwide, Castle Metals is a trusted partner for some of the industry’s top clients. As our company continues to grow, we are always on the lookout for top talent to join our winning team!
Role: Warehouse Operator - 2nd Shift - 000942
Apply for this job now.