Summary of essential job functions:
· Understand the layout of the warehouse and bin / shelf location systems
· Retrieve and/or put away parts consistent with established SOP's
· Verify part numbers, quantities, and inventory locations to ensure accuracy of requests
· Follow established SOP's for discrepancies such as damaged, misplaced or shortages of parts
· Operate all material handling equipment safely while adhering to all company and OSHA policies and regulations
· Deliver materials to internal and external customers in a timely manner
· Work closely with team-leader / Department Manager to resolve any task concerns that arise
· Cross-train on alternate assignments and perform duties in other work areas as needed
· Perform routine and assigned housekeeping tasks to ensure a safe work environment
· Communicate with associates and display teamwork in completing task assignments
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Forklift certification or the ability to obtain one
· Attention to detail
· Basic math and computer skills
· Possess good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team
· Knowledgeable of safe work practices required in the department
· Ability to remain results-focused in a fast-paced environment
· Task Completion
· Productivity / Efficiency
· Quality of work
· Safe Work Habits
· Vision: minimum vision required to prevent injury from oneself and others and to ready part numbers on shelving and packages
· Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction
· Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
· Continual standing, walking, bending, squatting, twisting, and reaching
· Repetitive lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valley Truck Parts is a nationally active truck parts company with a 60-year history of outstanding customer service. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, we provide prompt services by operating out of our 16 warehouse locations across the continental United States in order to better serve our national accounts.
An industry leader in heavy-duty truck parts, we specialize in providing various parts for many top name brands, including Rockwell, Fuller, Spicer, Holland Hitch, Timken, and Dana. We are also proud to hold certification as an Authorized Remanufacturer of Allison parts, and we work to provide first-rate repairs for a wide variety of needs. Some of our services include mobile diagnostics and truck refurbishing. As a nationally known truck parts company with many accounts throughout the country, we understand the need for quality work and reliability.
Our team of experts at Valley Truck Parts Inc. is happy to help fulfill any specific needs our customers may have, and we'll work hard to ensure that we uphold our reputation for superior products and services.
Role: Material Handler
Apply for this job now.