Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting a Cost Controller for a growing insurance business based in Surrey on a 12-month fixed term contract for a major business transformation programme. You will need to be a fully qualified accountant with insurance sector experience in order to apply. Experience of cost/expenditure management as well as financial reporting is also required. The Cost Controller will be responsible for providing financial rigour, oversight and control of the budget for the strategy and transformation programme.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Act as the primary point of contact for a range of stakeholders covering all aspects of cost management and control within the transformation programme, including business initiative leads.
- Maintain and develop the programme resource model to provide visibility, control and analysis of cost and delivery across the programme, including internal teams, implementation partners and other 3rd party providers.
- Ensure effective change control is maintained over the transformation budget in a fast-paced environment. Constructively challenge deviations from plan/forecast to support effective deployment of the programme resources and delivery against commercial objectives.
- Ensure proper financial and procurement process is followed when 3rd part providers are engaged as part of the programme, including negotiation of feeds, outcomes clearly defined within statements of work and review of performance/delivery is undertaken with accountable business leaders prior to accrual of costs and payment of invoices.
- Prepare timely and accurate analysis of expenditure across the programme, including weekly financial burn analysis to support operational decision making within the programme and monthly financial reporting against plan and forecast updates.
- Work with the financial reporting team to ensure that transformation expenditure is capitalised, amortised and impairment tested in line with applicable IFRS accounting requirements.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has worked on previous projects within the insurance sector and has managed costs. You can expect to receive a competitive benefits package on top of the salary and remote working is expected for this assignment.