Antony James Recruitment are recruiting for a Bartender in Southend on sea, with excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service. This position will be required to serve classical cocktails and exciting new beverages to customers. The Bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also up sell items, create recipes, utilise proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed you will be engaging and have friendly personality. We expect you to be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
Bartender Duties and Responsibilities
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Basic maths and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
Bartender Skills and Requirements
- Welcoming customers, reading, and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Chequing identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Developing new cocktail recipes.