COMPANY: LINK TECHNOLOGIES
JOB TYPE: Contract, FullTime
Engineer II Data
Link Technologies is seeking a motivated Engineer II Data for a long-term contract position to support a global dynamic, team-oriented, enterprise environment as part of a progressively growing company in Las Vegas, NV. Must have a stable employment history and be authorized to work in the United States. If you are passionate about what you do and want to make a difference, please apply Design, plan and engineer Data Warehouse and Data Integration solutions to acquire, harmonize, and consolidate company data assets producing efficient and supportable high-quality solutions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ETL and database development, documentation, and compliance using best practices and agile development methodologies.
- Create, maintain and optimize SQL stored procedures, queries and functions.
- Work closely with Data Architects and Bl Team to design data and analytics solutions to increase the usability, completeness, and accuracy of enterprise data.
- Perform development activities such as Source to target mapping validations, identify, document and execute unit test cases/scripts, peer and lead code reviews per code review checklist and document test and review results.
- Analyze user requirements and translate into database and ETL requirements and implement in code.
- Ensure solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, performant, and delivered on schedule.
- Interface with the other IT operational teams (Architecture/BA/Bl/OBA) and functional areas to ensure that the most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs.
- Monitor and tune ETL's, Databases and processes for application performance; and protocol compatibility.
- Provide tier II or tier Ill support; perform root cause analysis and develops checklists and playbooks.
- Provide ongoing proactive technical support for ETL and data warehouse systems to ensure business continuity.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in a related discipline; significant applied experience or a combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- 5+ years' experience of Data Warehouse and ETL application development using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- 5+ years' experience building stored procedures, functions, schema objects using Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL.
- 5+ years' experience with data warehouse technical architectures, ETL, data structures, and reporting tools and environments; thorough understanding of dimensional modelling concepts.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential property and corporate information.
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including executives and IT operational teams.
- Must possess in-depth analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to master new concepts quickly
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to effectively communicate findings in English, in both written and oral form.
- Ability to successfully acquire any licensing approvals that may be needed to provide services.
- Must have the capability to learn other platforms as they may be adopted by the company
- provided by Dice