The janitor position is responsible for maintaining a clean working environment for all staff and visitors, ensuring all areas are safe.
Wage Range: $13.90 to 20.86 per hour based on experience, full time and excellent benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures. Washing windows inside and outside.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Empties wastebaskets and removes other debris.
- Cleans and disinfects sinks, faucets, urinals, stools, showers and other fixtures in restrooms. Restocks all restrooms with towels, tissue and soap.
- May assign work to and supervise inmate trustees assigned to custodial tasks.
- Performs minor repairs to mechanical equipment, plumbing and various other items.
- Ensures proper use and storage of chemical cleaning products.
- Conduct safety check to ensure all doors and windows are locked and building is secure before departure.
Education: High school graduation or equivalent.
Experience: One to two years of experience in custodial services. Prefer at least one-year prior experience in custodial services. Must possess a valid Michigan Driver's license.
Powered by JazzHR