Senior Vice President - Real Estate Fund Accounting | London
About the Role:
The group delivers a complete set of real estate services, including accounting, reporting, investor relations and SPV administration. Due to continued growth they are looking for an accomplished real estate funds manager with particular experience with Open-Ended Real Estate Funds and SPVs, US GAAP and IFRS reporting capabilities to join the EMEA operations.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on Real Estate specific accounting expertise and have demonstrated capabilities in managing the administrative function of multiple open-ended real estate fund structures (Investment Funds and SPVs), and managing a team of fund accountants, transfer agency and corporate secretarial staff
- Work closely with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients, providing technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients and internal stakeholders as needed.
- Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group to establish plans for new client setup and transitions, including preparation of client service plans and annual budgets.
- Review Real Estate fund client’s partnership agreements, PPM’s and other materials.
- Prepare and review fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall claw back, and carried interest calculations
- Maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers; prepare and review financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements
- Review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, subscriptions, redemptions, rebalances and transfers
- Budget preparation and managing costs within the department, ensuring full adherence and implementation of the corporate & local risk policies
- Review trading and operations processes for the Real Estate Funds division
- Provide management support to staff managers, assisting them to effectively deal with personnel development and operational matters, including coaching, developing and training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics coupled with 8+ years Real Estate Fund accounting experience. ACCA / CPA / ICAS / ACCA qualification an advantage
- Strong knowledge of waterfall structures, modelling and calculations
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and other comprehensive basis of accounting
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Superior communication skills in English, both written and verbal communication,
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Yardi, Viewpoint)