Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge?
Do you want the opportunity to enrich the lives of troubled children?
An alternative provision is desperately seeking a positive, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with exceptionally strong behaviour management skills.
This Alternative Provision is based in Brent and offers an alternative curriculum to students aged 11 - 16 who need additional support that a mainstream environment is unable to provide, with in-reach and outreach work as part of the role.
As a Teaching Assistant, it is essential that you have the following:
- A good standard of education and can identify areas of improvement required when working on a 1:1 basis
- Being aware of students' Individual Education Plan (IEP) and termly forecasts/learning programmes.
- A good understanding of what is involved when attending to the pupils' personal needs and implementing related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- You need to have the desire to help pupils overcome barriers and achieve the best results
- The roles available vary between 3-5 days per week
Key duties in this role include:
- Supporting pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies e.g. literacy, numeracy, Key stage curriculum, Assessments, Exams as directed by the teacher.
- Preparing and maintaining equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assisting pupils in their use.
- Having an awareness of the effect that pupils' medical conditions can have on learning.
All of our supply staff are paid on a PAYE basis, so you can rest assured that you're paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance and there's no messing around with admin charges coming out of your hard earned cash.
If you are interested in a role as an SEND TA / Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Teaching Assistant, please contact Nicole Austin on 02078586655 or email your CV to #removed#