The Community Support Assistant is responsible for providing personal care services, community integration and for assisting persons served with maximizing their independence. The Community Support Assistant will deliver services as outlined in the person-served individual plan.
1. Provide and/or assist with personal care and emotional support for person-served; assist the individuals towards reaching maximum independence based on their individual plan.
2. Support persons-served in meal preparation, daily living activities, and assist with the maintenance of a clean and healthful environment.
3. Assist with medical appointments as needed.
4. Monitor and report changes in individual’s condition or living situation to the Program Director and/or Case Manager promptly.
5. Maintain the confidentiality of each person served information.
6. Communicate with the Case Manager, Program Director and persons-served in regard to schedule implementation and other needs for the person receiving services.
7. Engage persons-served in meaningful community/recreational activities.
8. Attend and actively participate in required trainings, mandatory monthly staff meetings and supervision meetings.
9. Complete and submits time sheet, log notes and mileage reports to the Program Director and/or Case Manager by established deadline(s)
10. Other duties as assigned.
This position is supervised by the person receiving services and the Program Director, Community Support Services.
The incumbent in this position must be able to stand/walk 50% of work time; sit and/or drive 50%. Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 pounds: must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach. All of these requirements are necessary in order to properly assist individuals with daily living activities, recreation and shopping trips. Hearing ability is not required for this position but vision is as incumbent must be able to drive.
HS diploma or equivalent; excellent verbal and written communication skills and two years of driving experience required. Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, specifically in a community based setting strongly desired.
This position may require use of your personal vehicle to transport persons-served. All Melwood transportation policies must be followed and liability insurance on your personal vehicle must be in full force and effect while transporting for or on the behalf of Melwood. Melwood will reimburse for mileage pursuant to the Travel policy
No phone call please.
A dynamic nonprofit providing jobs and opportunities for people with differing abilities for over 50 years and counting in the greater Washington, DC area.
Role: Community Connector
Apply for this job now.