Bury St. Edmunds, UK
Here at Greene King we are looking for a Tax Manager to join our Corporate Finance team and provide specialist tax advisory to our business, ensuring we comply with all relevant tax requirements. Working as part of a small in-house tax team, this role offers the right candidate a diverse remit within a large and complex business environment. This permanent role is based from our Bury St Edmunds office with agile working (50% of the time in the office).
- Preparation / review of multiple corporation tax return
- Preparation of multiple entity / sub group tax provisions
- Maintenance of capital gains / roll over model
- Update and maintain robust process notes and evidence of technical decisions
- Manage the relationship with our external tax partner
- Respond effectively to enquiries from auditors / HMRC
- Quarterly tax provisions for multiple securitised vehicles
- Assist with preparation / review of multiple VAT&MGD returns
- Assist with periodic review of systems and processes (e.g. VAT/duty)
To be successful in this role, you will be qualified (Accountancy or Tax qualification) with experience in a Tax specific role from either practice or in-house. Most importantly, you'll demonstrate the following strengths:
- An autonomous approach with the ability to take the lead with minimal direction
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex tax related information to finance and non-finance audiences
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Private Medical insurance (75% employer contribution) + Free Health screening
- Option to purchase discounted Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 33% discount for you on food and drinks across all our managed sites and 15% for your friends and family
- 50% discount for you at Greene King Hotels/Inns and 25% discount for your friends and family
- Access to company perks portal for regular retailer discounts
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Free onsite parking
- An employee health, wellbeing advice and guidance service
Inclusion and Diversity
At Greene King we're setting the bar for Inclusion&Diversity. We are on a journey towards Everyday Inclusion where everyone feels welcome, can thrive and truly belong. With external commitments like the Valuable 500, If Not Now, When? and our Calling Time on Racism manifesto, our community partnerships and the support of our 4 internal Employee Led Inclusion Groups we have a clear plan based on education, awareness and activity that's already making an impact. We value the diversity of our people and are working to increase this, by joining us on this journey you can help us to shape our future inclusive culture.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We also want to be a positive force for good, having a social purpose that threads through every part of our business, whether it be through caring for the planet, caring for our communities through our hugely successful partnership with Macmillan (raising over 10 million pounds!) or caring for our people, creating life opportunities for all through innovative social mobility programmes. We are on an incredible journey and our goal is to be the pride of British hospitality.
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!