Due to global expansion our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Analyst or Chemist with the ambition, backed by a proven track record, to transition to a department management role.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and motivated group of departmental leaders in charge of day to day operations, resources, and analytical business with a team of dedicated scientists, engineers and technicians.
Applicants are required to demonstrate at least 5 years' experience in an analytical setting, proven track record of managing, developing, and mentoring people and delivering high quality results to deadlines.
- Experienced senior analyst or senior chemist with a breadth of analytical experience including: GC, HPLC, ICP, SEM-EDX, IR, UV-VIS, Solid Phase Extraction, and assay.
- Ability to provide technical direction to support training, review of data, and reports.
- Technical customer interaction, delivering high quality reports and presentations.
- Financial awareness and business acumen
- Assertive, self-motivated, enthusiastic leader
- Team building and management including coaching, mentoring and development.
- Effective communicator, successfully managing priorities and financial targets to tight deadlines.
- A logical thinker, ability to assess risks, develop strategies, make decisions and execute tasks.
- Ability to inform, drive and support organisational change and continual improvement.
- Knowledgeable in working to the highest standards of Quality, Lab Practice and Health and Safety
- Previous experience in water analysis for low level impurities including polymers and other chemicals
- Previous experience in production chemistry, inorganic scales, polymer coatings or corrosion
The company is based in Livingston, Scotland, with an international presence in the Middle East, USA and Malaysia. They are an independent global chemical testing laboratory and Consultancy specialising in the qualification of production chemicals, drilling & completion fluids, and green technologies supporting the world's largest oil and gas, utilities and environmental operators. The services are provided from their Livingston Head Office/Labs as well as from their locations in Abu Dhabi, Houston and Kuala Lumpur. International travel may be required.
The company is internationally recognised in its field and provides a broad range of independent services and innovative solutions in: chemical/fluid qualification; formation damage and reservoir simulation projects; contract laboratory based R+D projects; specialised equipment manufacture and specialised production chemistry consultancy services & training courses.
If you feel you area suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying with a copy of your CV and a covering letter noting your salary expectations.
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is 11th June 2021