Our Client High school in Bolton are looking to recruit a teaching assistant (SEN TA) to start as soon as possible. The school is MAPA trained school, the successful TA will be offered a fix term contract till next September with a chance of being put onto a permanent contract. The successful TA will be working across (KS3/4) students supporting learners who display challenging behaviours. You will be supporting learner's needs as well as working with small groups of students and on 1:1 basis. The young people that attend have Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties. Each young person has a EHCP and need additional help with engaging in education.
The school is an Ofsted Good School that has 69 pupils; you will be working on a full time basis which can lead to opportunities to progress to a permanent position.
- Full time position
- Pay expectation for the day £65-80 dependant on experience
- Working with young people who display challenging behaviours
- Ofsted rated Outstanding School
The school has designated parking and good transport links. Located in Bolton, it is easily accessible from Wigan, Bury and Manchester; it has access from the M602, good transport links for non drivers.
The role will consist of;
- Prior experience working with SEND
- Assisting day to day classroom support and assisting with behaviour
- Students age range 11-16
- Developing good relationships with pupils
- Encouraging students to interact with other students within the classroom and activities led by the teacher
If you are interested in this TA role, please submit a CV via the “apply now” link below or contact the most suitable office (Manchester 0161 242 2798) to discuss in more detail.