We're ready to grow and you can help! Back To Health Physical & Occupational Therapy is a multi-office, Physical-Therapist-Owned practice throughout South Brooklyn. With four locations and a constant movement for growth, we are looking for experienced and impressive talent to join our growing team as a medical office secretary/receptionist.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Provides information to all callers and patients according to the Clinic's Policies and Procedures; transfers calls as needed.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the department in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and proceeds accordingly as per their training.
- Schedules patient flow to clinic based on predetermined appointment arrangements to allow the clinic to serve an adequate number of patients conveniently to the patient and the practice.
- When scheduling appointment, carefully screens patients for new address, new insurance, new injury, new patient visit or update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of visit.
- Adheres to all Clinic policies on compliance, safety and security; maintains restricted areas safe by safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer system passwords in strict confidentiality.
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Clinic policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Informs patient of any existing balance noted in computer and request patient be prepare for any payment due at time of visit.
- Calls patients daily to confirm next day's appointment.
- Verifies method of payment for service (Medicare, private insurance, private payee, etc.) and collects data and/or payment as appropriate.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Attends scheduled department staff and clinical meetings.
- Performs all duties in support of successful EHR/EPM implementation.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of Clinic patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is efficient and productive.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the department.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish; Additional language abilities desirable.
- Knowledge of basic math and modern office procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Computer fluency.
- Bilingual preferred. (Russian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or equivalent plus at least six months of medical receptionist experience in comparable health care setting.
- Prior administrative or clerical experience in medical-based reception preferred.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The medical receptionist performs a variety of tasks to facilitate and make efficient the patient experience as they enter our offices. Essential duties include providing excellent customer and patient services via phone and in person; making appointments for patients according to pre-designated availabilities; assisting patients with forms; managing insurance verification and prior authorization. The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and service staff of the center. You are the first person our patients see when they walk thru our doors and the last of whom they see on their way out. It's up to you to make their experience memorable. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the Medical Receptionist to serve as a point of contact with other internal and external departments, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions.
Back To Health Physical & Occupational Therapy provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. Any personnel actions taken are without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. In addition to federal law requirements, Infinity Rehab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates.
Job Type: Full-time
Brooklyn, NY 11235, 11214, 11229, 11226
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at Back to Health Physical and Occupation Therapy every day. As a culture committed to providing our patients with the highest quality service and care, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: #removed#
Role: Medical Receptionist
Apply for this job now.