Commercial Solar Project Developer - Sales
OnForce Solar, Inc. - New York, NY
We are looking for a full time Commercial Solar Project Developer to join our growing team and help lead our efforts to further develop and expand OnForce Solar’s customer partnerships, growth and profitability in the NY Metro Region. This role will require a combination of sales and marketing expertise, written and verbal communication skills, business development efforts, negotiation skills, and analysis of customer needs and preferences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate and communicate business development strategies and sales and marketing targets for the region.
- Continuously increase knowledge of new company products, procedures, services, and tools by attending sales training offerings and company meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, products, systems, installation methods, and any requisite or related beneficial certifications or licenses on an ongoing, consistent basis.
- Represent and provide market exposure for OnForce Solar at trade shows and industry-related events, effectively networking with and educating customers and groups about solar energy solutions.
- Act as a liaison between the company and customers; effectively convey up-to-date product information, services, and financial options to customers.
- Collaborate with other functional departments within OnForce Solar to achieve corporate goals and sales targets.
- Maintain constant professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to represent OnForce Solar in a truthful and positive manner.
- Establish strategic partnerships with high-value commercial prospects; build trust and rapport with customers, effectively communicate and contract terms, conditions, and project expectations.
- Ability to self-generate leads within the territory to increase account growth.
- Actively identify new areas of opportunity to increase account growth through daily cold calling, strategic marketing, and lead generation activities.
- Deliver innovative sales presentations to communicate the solar system capabilities and benefits of renewable energy.
- Maintain a prospect database and provide prospects with periodic updates on solar products, pricing, and promotions to increase account growth.
- Conduct proper after-sales actions, including completing all necessary permitting and incentive paperwork and obtaining the required signatures, system details, and customer information.
- Achieve stellar customer satisfaction and sales performance ratings.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid understanding of sales and marketing and business development strategies necessary to build corporate-level customer relationships and consummate deals.
- Familiarity with the economic and business concepts relating to the Solar Energy industry.
- Cultivate customer relationships, deliver effective proposals, and negotiate contracts to capture new business and sales opportunities.
- Understanding of and ability to conduct effective customer needs assessments and formulate a proposal unique to each customer’s requirements.
- Highly resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured, self-driven environment.
- Successfully handle multiple accounts and projects, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with diversity of individuals at all organizational levels. Must be able to ensure all department representatives are kept apprised of aspects of individual customer product specifications, project timing and contract terms. Capable of preserving confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Possess strong interpersonal, analytical, solutions-building, time management, and organizational skills.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills along with attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the designated region.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in sales and business development roles-experience with solar energy systems and renewable energy sources required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development, Business Management, Marketing or a related discipline.
Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
POSITION ROUTINELY INTERFACES WITH:
Customers and the general public.
All employees, Engineering, Finance and Management.
Conducts work in both a field-type environment or in a professional office setting with local travel to jobsites to conduct tours with financial partners.
Physical working conditions may involve the following:
Lifting up to 50 pounds.
Extended periods of sitting, walking, standing, reaching and/or bending.
Extended periods of reading fine print on a computer or in paper-based format.
Traveling over extended periods of time.
Routine aspects of this position may require the following non-physical demands:
Ability to pursue new prospects on a consistent basis.
Analytical and logical reasoning.
Problem-solving and researching skills.
Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Routine aspects of this position may place the incumbent in situations where they may be susceptible to potential hazards from the following:
Trips, slips and/or falls while on customer property.
Job Type: Full-time
OnForce Solar is a regional developer and EPC headquartered in the Bronx, NY since 2009. We are seeking a talented Licensed Solar Electrician Installers to join our growing team.
Role: Commercial Solar Project Developer - Sales
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.