Company: SAFER FOUNDATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Safer Foundation is a social service provider to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, including case management, educational instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
General Summary: The Correctional Residence Counselor I (CRC-I) is an entry-level position responsible for providing supervision and monitoring to residents of Safer's Adult Transitional Centers. The position's primary responsibility is to maintain constant contact and interact with the residents in order to contribute to their successful reentry, while providing for the physical care and security of both the residents and the center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain security of the residents and the center; ensures that residents know and comply with the rules of the Center; assumes responsibility for handling emergency situations which may arise; responsible for contacting security staff, management or law enforcement agencies, if necessary.
- Supervise residents in the 24-hour maintenance and cleanliness of the facility.
- Always supervise and monitor all movement and activities of residents in and outside of the facilities
- Maintain professional engagement with residents in order to facilitate their re-entry into society
- Observes and reports physical and psychological changes in residents to Supervisory staff
- Transport residents as needed to outside engagements including but not limited to, medical and dental appointments, and/or to recreational activities.
- Required to complete all documentation for assigned post prior to shift ending including, but not limited to; incident reports, Resident Discipline Reports (RDR),log books, walking and/or skin counts, etc.,
- Performs all other duties as required or assigned by Center management.
- Attend all required training sponsored by IDOC and the Safer Foundation
- Adhere to mandatory overtime schedule
- Report to assigned shift as scheduled and at the designated start time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to observe and maintain constant awareness of individual and/or group behavior
- Knowledge of simple health and safety precautions
- Understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
- Work objectively and cautiously with individuals having a variety of physical, mental and social problems
- Listen and respond appropriately to a client's needs based on facility guidelines
- Enforce rules and regulations with firmness and impartiality
- Act quickly and effectively in emergency situations
- Effectively communicate oral and/or written reports that may include math, addition and subtraction
- Provide excellent customer service
- Valid driver's license
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or High School Equivalency
- One year of related experience preferred
To preview this job in action, please cut and paste this link into your browser: https://vimeo.com/#removed#
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please