A secondary school with links to a sixth form college in the south Manchester area is looking for an Educational Support Assistant to join their support department working with students who require additional assistance, starting in September at the beginning of the new school year. The school are looking for an Educational Support Assistant who is ideally experienced in providing in-class support as a support member of a school team but this is not essential. Prior experience in any educational setting would be highly desirable including youth work, support work or mentoring.
The school require an Educational Support Assistant that is confident in working with students of all ages between 11 and 16 with potential to support students at A-level in college as the timetable is such that it covers all year groups and across a variety of subjects. There may also be the opportunity to provide support to smaller groups of students or on a 1 to 1 basis depending upon the Educational Support Assistant's subject specialism.
Important highlights of this Learning Support Assistant role:
- Earn up to £1425 per month supporting as an Educational Support Assistant
- Start at this supportive school/sixth form on Monday 6th September 2021
- Opportunity to assist within the classroom, working under the direction of the class teacher but also on a 1 to 1 basis with students outside of the classroom
- A chance to work across all subjects and with a variety of students, including those with SEN, gifted and talented and those that require additional support with certain subject areas
- Work with specific students identified as requiring additional assistance
The successful candidate should have relevant experience working as a Learning Support Assistant, Mentor or Teaching Assistant in the past or in a similar setting ideally. This could be working with students that require behavioural assistance or providing intervention as all experience will be beneficial for this role. The school are looking for an individual who is looking for a support assistant role and is keen on pursuing a career in the education sector. Confidence, adaptability and being motivated are key aspects of this support role.
The school is situated in the central area of South Manchester, which is very easily accessible from the surrounding areas of Stockport, Burnage, Cheadle, Bramhall and Reddish Vale to name just a few. This school would suit an Educational Support Assistant who is located in the Wythenshawe or Altrincham/Sale area given the local transport links in the surrounding areas. If the successful Learning Support Assistant drove, then this could also be easily accessed via the M60 ring road with the school having a large on site, secure car park.
- Work within the SEN support department, assisting students that require further support
- Perfect role for an established TA looking for their next support role with additional responsibility for intervention available
- Also suitable for an individual who may not have had school based experience but perhaps youth work experience or worked supporting young adults aged 11 - 16 (and up to 18)
If you are an experienced ESA, LSA, TA, Mentor or have transferable skills which would stand you in good stead to fulfil this role well, then please apply now with your latest CV and a short covering statement.