As a Senior Negotiator within the negotiations department, you will be required to deal with a case load of Multi Track matters with a value of up to £300,000.00. It is important that you are able to manage your time effectively to complete daily tasks, provide a high quality of client care and ensure your work load is kept within our Service Level agreements.
This role will also require you to work towards a monthly individual target provided by your Team leader, assist junior members of the team and liaise with other departments when appropriate.
Additional training will be provided on case management systems and an understanding of the service Pure Legal Costs provide to our customers.
- Customer care
- Achieving a monthly Target
- Undertaking an itemised valuation of costs presented and providing clear, concise guidance as to recoverability
- Communicating with opponents, customers and relevant disbursements providers such as Counsel's chambers.
- Communicating with other departments, Team Leaders and Managers
- Completing daily task list and ensuring case load is kept within the negotiation Service Level Agreements
- Answering the Negotiation call group and dealing with queries where possible. Directing the call appropriately where calls cannot be reasonably dealt with.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the business to assist your development.
- Working effectively within a team.
- Have a full knowledge of the cost management process and how it applies to negotiations.
- Experience of all types of Bills including Precedent S.
- Have a full knowledge of all relevant case law.
- Managing a workload of multiple claim types.
- Knowledge of enhanced hourly rates, how they are calculated and when the apply.
- Customer service and communication skills.
Personal Qualities / Competence
- Effectively prioritise workload in order to comply with SLAs
- Good computer skills
- Strong organisational skills to ensure all incoming work is tracked and actioned accordingly
- Attention to detail in ensuring all client preferences are adhered to
- Accurate data input
- Can work well within a team and independently
- High level of literacy and able to communicate professionally