Our client school IS seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to support their Special Educational Needs department. The Secondary school is located just outside the city centre making it very easy to commute to for any prospective Teaching Assistants. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful Teaching Assistant to not only work in a supportive environment but have the opportunity to set a high standard for what is intended to be an outstanding school. The school is therefore looking for an enthusiastic and motivated member of support staff to provide the students with the best provision possible. As a Teaching Assistant you will be supporting a variety of students that require additional support academically.
Key highlights of this TA position:
- Pay range with earning potential up to £1350 per month dependent upon prior experience
- New building with excellent facilities
- Highly supportive ethos, SEN department and senior leadership team at the school
- Part of a highly reputable trust of local schools with prospects for any future teachers
- Gain invaluable experience which can support a future teaching application ideally
- Start in January 2021 (ideally by 11th January)
The school is situated just outside the city centre of Manchester, in pleasant surroundings, boasting fantastic facilities. It is easily accessible from the city centre via public transport and also via the major A road routes within the area. The school is set within a thriving community and as a result of the catchment area has over 50% of students who first language is not English. As a result, the school are looking to appoint an inspirational Assistant who may have experience working in behaviour management or with young adults that have moderate learning difficulties or special educational needs, such as Autism or Asperges.
Any experience of supporting students who speak English as an additional language would be beneficial.
- Working within the SEN department supporting students aged 11 - 16 years old
- Located just outside the city centre of Manchester
- Ideal Teaching Assistant position for an experienced and motivated TA
The successful candidate would ideally have experience working as a Teaching Assistant or an individual who has experience in supporting students that have special educational needs. This could be in an educational environment such as a school or a youth work setting or as a tutor.
If you are interested in this role or would like any further information and are available from January, please do not hesitate to request further information with your latest CV below and a covering letter outlining your key experience.