COMPANY: HAYS SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Your new company
Our client is the leader in next-generation solutions for complex legal work at scale. Their clients turn to them for real solutions to big problems, ranging from one-off regulatory projects to long-term managed services.
They leverage modernized processes, smart resourcing constructs, and the best of legal technology to help clients overcome the limitations of the traditional in-house and law firm models.
The business comprises of more than 400 lawyers, legal specialists, technologists, and process consultants across Europe and North America, and they're growing!
They're now commencing a search for a Senior Associate to join the Belfast team & Centre of Excellence.
Your new role
As a member of their agile working team, you will be responsible for supporting clients business by drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts as part of a wider general support service to the client's contracts management and in-house legal teams.
If you believe in being a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, and most of all fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
Specifically, this role will:
- Be part of a team committed to overall delivery of services and compliance with all delivery commitments to the client including draft and negotiate a wide range of procurement contracts including media advertising services contracts, professional and consulting services contracts, recruitment services contracts, software contracts, licensing contracts, other IP/IT contracts and general commercial contracts;
- Adhere to delivery processes and commitments;
- Input and manage data on business and client systems and keep them up to date;
- Help develop contract templates, playbooks and other tools for use by the team;
- Remain up to date on legal and other relevant developments;
- Be part of a team committed to continually improving our service to the client and adding value.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be adaptable, authentic, accountable, and values-driven.
You're a team player who exhibits personal leadership and leaves things better than you found them.
Our client is looking for someone who always gives their best and inspires others to do the same.
In addition to the above, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this role: Essential Criteria
- Law Degree and/or Legally Qualified
- Demonstrable experience of independently drafting and negotiating commercial
- contracts within a law firm, as part of an in-house legal team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Operates with substantial latitude, with minimal or no supervision
- Frequent client-facing experience
- Strong commercial awareness, working directly with business managers
- The legal knowledge to act as a senior advisor to the client and serve as an escalation point on issues for more junior team members
- Very strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite - especially Microsoft Word
- Legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members
- Experience of client relationship management
- Working with a recognised matter management system as part of daily routine
What you'll get in return
A fantastic salary on offer for this position plus 10% bonus, attractive benefits package and a supportive & collegiate working environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.