Under the general supervision of the Director of Trust Operations, this Trust Accountant I position will have two primary responsibilities: The first responsibility will be the firm’s Trust Compliance facilitator and the second portion of the job will be trainer to most of our Trust Department SEI products to the entire firm’s Individual Clients Department (ICD). The position will also require the support and maintenance of our Corporate Action and Proxy Voting processes, as well as working on Trust Fee processing.
Candidate will have two primary responsibilities within the firm’s
Trust Account Profile (TAP) Facilitator – Working with key ICD compliance personnel (attorneys, paralegals and staff) throughout the Firm, the facilitator will ensure that all trust accounts, that a firm attorney serves as trustee, go through a compliance review process. The person will be responsible for identifying trusts needing review, scheduling reviews, and follow-up of all compliance reviews. Person will work with a key compliance ICD partner who will conduct the meetings. Candidate will also train folks on our DP Access database called TAP.
Trust Department Trainer – Our Trust Department utilizes SEI Investment's Trust3000 accounting software and a whole host of related SEI products to successfully run over 800 trust accounts worth over $1 Billion in market value. Candidate will learn all aspects of the SEI system and become primary trainer of the following SEI products: SEI Trust3000, CSS Workstation, Enhanced Client Reporting (ECR), Compliance Reporting & CConnect. Preparing internal procedure guide documentation, and training on new products rolled out by our trust vendor, SEI.
Candidate will also have secondary responsibilities within the Department as follows:
SEI Corporate Actions/SEI Proxy Voting/FRT Class Actions – Position entails taking the lead on these three products and working with vendors SEI and Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT). Working with attorney trustees, outside investment managers and co-trustees to alert them of mandatory and non-mandatory corporate action notices, proxy voting deadlines, and any class action requirements. Note: While we need to be on the daily lookout for alerts from these three systems, processing only occurs periodically.
Fee Processing – Position requires candidate to work directly with Trust Director on all aspects of fee processing including: assigning fee schedules to new accounts, aggregation of fees for family related accounts, discounting fees and periodic fee surveys.
SEI CConnect Administrator – Clients access their trust accounts by using CConnect, a secure, Internet system by SEI called CConnect. Through CConnect, clients are able to view their account's holdings lists, transactions within their accounts and past statements. Candidate will be the administrator of this program, issuing IDs to new users, addressing connectivity troubles, training and educating our end users, as well as maintaining written procedures.
Other Duties Will Include:
· Responding to and producing Adhoc ICD report requests from ICD attorneys.
· Support and back-up of the other various trust positions within the Department. Training will be provided.
· Interpersonal skills necessary in order to train a diverse section of system end users. Providing important information through effective communication with patience, courtesy and tact.
· Applicant must have a solid grasp of all areas of the SEI Trust 3000 accounting system in order to train effectively. Minimum three years experience.
· Significant exposure within a trust department at a law firm or bank environment required. Minimum three years’ experience.
· A strong working knowledge of Excel, Access or similar database software required.
· Must possess confident personal computer skills and be comfortable working within a Windows environment. Proficient word processing skills also required. A solid grasp of Microsoft Outlook or equivalent Email system, also required.
· Ability to organize and to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints will be necessary.
· Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Willingness to work extended hours during various hectic periods throughout the year. These hours would be paid overtime.
· Operates office equipment, including copiers, personal computer, 10-key calculator and .pdf scanner required.
A Match Recruiting is a boutique national legal search firm with over 20 years of combined experience providing quality recruiting and placement services to top global, national, and local law firms, as well as legal departments of Fortune 500 and pharmaceutical companies.
Role: Trust Accountant - East Coast Law Firm - Boston
Apply for this job now.